From Tatiana’s TOMATObase:
- Developed in the 2008-2015 by the members of the Dwarf Tomato Project from a cross between an early generation Sleepy selection called Wilpena and Cherokee Purple made by Patrina Nuske Small in 2008 and named Plentiful. It was selected and named by Patrina. Stabilization was a collaborative work of Patrina Nuske Small, Craig LeHoullier, Patrick Sullivan, Lisa Moore, Rich Hawksworth, Shawn Conant, Scott Jacobs, Bill Yoder, Doug Frank, and Bill Minkey.
- Released in 2015 (F8 generation).
- This variety is now associated with the Open Source Seed Initiative (OSSI)
- The OSSI Pledge - " You have the freedom to use these OSSI seeds in any way you choose. In return, you pledge not to restrict others’ use of these seeds or their derivatives by patents, or other means, and to include this pledge with any transfer of these seeds or their derivatives." The seed packets that you share or sell should include this information.
- More information about the development of this cultivar can be found on the Dwarf Tomato Project website.